- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 (heaping) teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
To make the dough, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a medium saucepan scald milk, butter and sugar- be careful, do not burn! While this mixture is heating up, add all dry ingredients to your mixer. Then, add the hot liquid to the dry ingredients. Mix on low until combined. Kneed for 5 minutes. I have a professional purple kitchen aid mixer and a dough hook. 💜 Cover the dough with a kitchen towel and let the dough rest for 20 minutes. I keep in on top of the warm stove. It might rise a little, but not a lot. During the 20 minute rise move on to making your filing and getting ready to roll your dough…
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional but that’s how I roll 😆🤣)
- 1/4 cup melted vegan butter (THIS IS NOT FOR THE FILLING MIX, KEEP IT SEPARATE!!!) Or, if you want to make less dirty dishes…let the butter soften and just spread it right onto the dough with a spatula.
Mix ingredients together. After your dough has sit for 20 minute it’s time to roll it out. I roll on a lightly flowered silicone baking mat. Brush with the melted butter and cover evenly with the filling mixture. Roll up and cut with a pizza cutter into 9 rolls of equal size. Place into a buttered pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes. While baking prepare the frosting
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- Vanilla extract to taste
Add the soften butter cream it in thr mixer. Add powdered sugar to the mixer. Mix on low until the butter breaks up into smaller pieces. Add a very small amount of vanilla extra, just to taste.Add milk 1 table spoon at a time until you get a thick frosting consistency. Too much liquid and your frosting will turn into a glaze. I pop my frosting into the fridge while I´m waiting for the rolls to finish.
Pull the rolls out and let the, cool while you make a cup of Coffee, frost and serve.