Vegan Sausage, Green Peppers over Rice
- Prepare 2 cups of rice (I use my instant pot)
- I cook a package of Hot Italian Beyond Sausages in my toaster oven. I found that this is the best way to get a nice crispy skin. You could also fry the sausages in a pan for less dish clean up. I save the drippings from the toaster oven pan and add it to my peppers in the frying pan. After the sausage and rice are going get started on those peppers.
- In a frying pan:
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped onion (based on your preference)
- 1 chopped green bell pepper (I’ve also made this with other colors of peppers and up to two whole peppers).
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
Fry the onions and peppers until soft (If you want to cook the sausage and peppers in the same pan, put the sausage and peppers/onions in the pan at the same time). Add in the sliced sausage and any drippings from the sausage. Serve over the rice.