This is a super quick meal. Perfect if you’re in a rush or just really hungry.
- Package of Ramen noodles, Soba or Chinese noodles
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts (raw peanuts fine too)
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- 1+ tablespoon sriracha sauce (adjust to your taste)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or coconut aminos (adjust to your taste)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (brown sugar if you don’t eat honey )
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup thawed, frozen edamame
- Red cabbage chopped
- Sesame seeds
Start by boiling Ramen, Soba Chinese Noddles (our grocery store sells a brand that’s literally called “Chinese noddles”). Follow the package instructions. When ready, drain and leave in the strainer while you prepare the sauce.
Chop all ingredients. Reserve some green onion for the top. Leave out the cabbage if you don’t like it. The cabbage is raw to add more crunch in this recipe. However, if you prefer it cooked, add it in with the edamame when making the sauce.
In a pan add sesame oil, peanuts, edamame and green onions (Cabbage if cooking it). Cook until the white of the onions are translucent and edamame is warm. Add garlic and sauté until golden. Add in a tablespoon of sriracha sauce plus soy sauce or coconut aminos. Stir in honey (brown sugar). Mix well. Taste your sauce to before adding in the noodles. Add noodles to the pan and coat in the sauce.
As always, feel free to use more/less of the sauce ingredients to suit your preference.
Add noodles to a bowl. Top with cabbage, green onions, sesame seeds and drizzle with sesame seed oil if desired.