Through my art, I capture your loved ones personality on canvas with color, texture and movement. The piece becomes a keepsake to honor your loved one. This type of art is classified as “abstract”.
View some of my work. Note: some of the pieces are example works and do not contain Cremains.
- Acrylic paint
- Cremains (cremated remains of loved ones and furry family members)
- Cotton canvas
Before I paint, I smudge the Cremains, paint and canvas with three of the Four Sacred Medicines along with Palo Santo and Rosemary. This is a short, spiritual ritual to honor the individual. I believe that this type of artwork should be completed with reverence and in a sacred space.
- Rosemary for remembrance
- White sage for sacred cleansing, releasing, healing and wisdom
- Cedar for protection
- Sweetgrass for prayers, love, kindness, honesty and thanksgiving
- Palo Santo positivity and enhancing creativity
I meditate on the photos, videos and details about the person provided by the family to determine colors, texture and movement for the piece. My goal is to capture the individual’s personality or energy profile on the canvas.
I mix a small about of Cremains into the paint colors and begin adding layers to the canvas. After the painting is complete and dried, I seal it with a clear varnish to protect the work. I do not frame the work.
Because I offer small canvas sizes, a small amount of Cremains is needed. I specify how much to send depending on canvas size. However, sometimes I don’t use all of the Cremains sent. I will scatter the small amount of remaining Cremains in a respectful and legal manner for no additional fee.
Amount of Cremains Needed
Canvas sized in inches. Please do not send more than what is listed below:
- 4×4 canvas: 1/2 teaspoon
- 6×6 canvas: 1 teaspoon
- 8×8 canvas: 1 tablespoon
- 10×10 canvas: 2 tablespoons
If I don’t use all of the Cremains sent, I will scatter the remaining ashes in a respectful and legal manner.
Example of My Color Pallet Options
Colors are not limited to those pictured below. However, the names of the colors can help you to describe the colors you associate with your loved one, or describe their exact favorite shade. You can give specific color names in the form below.
Depending on your screen settings, actual colors may differ slightly from how they appear on the screen.
- Pricing includes return shipping of your artwork.
- Pricing does not include cost to ship Cremains to me. This is your responsibility.
- 4×4 canvas: $ 96
- 6×6 canvas: $132
- 8×8 canvas: $156
- 10×10 canvas: $182
- If you select Priority Mail Express shipping instead of Priority mail: $26-$50.
- 15 minute zoom consultation: $20 (optional)
- International shipping costs TBD.
I am happy to complete multiple paintings for additional family members. The same colors can be used but no two paintings are the same. If you’d like this option, you’ll need to send additional cremains. I can ship paintings to one address for family members to collect or, to individual family members. Please email me before completing this form for a quote.
Payments are collected through online Square. You will receive an invoice via email. Payment must be received before I begin a painting. Refunds are not offered.
How Can I Get A Painting?
COVID-19 UPDATE: Out of an abundance of caution, Cremains will be held/quarantined for 3 days before I begin painting. While there is no evidence that Cremains pose a health risk, Covid-19 may live on certain materials for several days. When you receive your piece, you may want to quarantine it as you feel comfortable.
- Complete the form below (free). If you’d like to schedule an additional zoom consultation to discuss further information we can arrange one. Zoom consultations are 15 minutes and are an additional $20.
- After receipt of your form, I will email an invoice for payment. After payment is received you may send your cremated remains.
- Order a FREE kit from the USPS. Or, visit your post office. More information can be found here. Cremains can not be shipped with any other service. I am not responsible or liable for Cremains that are lost in the mail if you try to send them by another method.
- Follow the directions in the kit to ship the Cremains. My address will be provided after payment is received. Cost of my services does not include shipping fee to send Cremains to me. You’re responsible for getting the package to me.
- Painting will be complete 7-10 days after receipt of Cremains.
- Paintings will be return shipped to you via Priority mail with insurance and signature conformation. (shipping cost included in my services fee). Priority Mail Express is an option for return shipping but will cost an additional fee.
- My services are confidential, your information will not be shared unless you allow me to add a photo of your piece to my portfolio.
- If you have any questions email me.