A Death Doula (End- of- Life Doula or Death Midwife) is a trained professional who provides education and comfort throughout the dying process. Death doulas receive specialized education and training in order to provide support services.
I completed my training and certification through the Robert Larner College of Medicine’s (University of Vermont) End -of -Life Doula Program. I am also NEDA Proficient and have earned my Proficiency micro-credentials by demonstrating understanding and competency skills related to Death Doula Practice
A Doula provides respite for family members and honors the meaningful and sacred act that is the dying process. Compassionate care is offered on many levels; emotional, spiritual, physical, social, intellectual and educational.
The Doula’s goal is to help individuals by honoring their final wishes to allowing for a death with dignity. Our services complement the care provided by loved ones, medical teams, legal teams and other funeral professionals.
Services are provided in hospitals, various health care facilities, and in private homes.
Doulas are advocates for the dying and their loved ones. Services are positive, non-judgmental and nonsectarian.
I welcome individuals from all backgrounds, cultures and religious views.
Doulas are guides—helping to navigate trough the overwhelming amount of information and options that come with end- of- life care and funeral planning.:
- Education for disposition is provided so individuals may choose the option that is most comfortable.
- Mediation is provided to aid open communication between patients and their families about end of life decisions.
- Respite care is provided for exhausted family members by taking care of practical day to day tasks such as running errands or light house work.
- Facilitate end of life planning for individuals, regardless of current health status. Having your wishes documented in advance can ease the load on family members should you pass unexpectedly.
- Help individuals access and complete end of life documents.
- Help individuals plan their funeral and other death rituals so that all needs and wishes are honored.
- Available to sit with families in vigil as a loved one passes.
- Help families process emotions and guide them through the early stages of grief after their loved one has passed.
- If an individual chooses to die at home, Doulas give families guidance regarding care of the individual before, during and after death.
- Help to processes and understand grief.
- Educate on the symptoms of dying and the dying process to help lessen anxiety and stigma around death.
- Maintain a network of local professionals that families may be referred to, if needed.
We help people reflect on the meaning of their lives and the impacts they had on others.
Through donations I am able to offer supplies and materials at little to no cost for humans in need. Candles for vigils, supplies for home funerals and memory making for memorial services. For my time recording therapeutic music for humans in need of healing. For my time to record free educational videos. Our community greatly appreciates your contributions.
“Because death stirs people to seek answers to important spiritual questions, it becomes the greatest servant of humanity, rather than it’s most feared enemy.”Bhagavad Gita
“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
“Music can heal the wounds which medicine cannot touch.”Debasish Mridha